Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The move and other business

So the move was hectic, but after 2 days, everything is in the new place and the old place has been cleaned and ready to be turned over. I am a little worried about getting back on track with the business, I have a payment gateway that is currently draining on the meager amount in the operations account, and a shopping cart that I haven't finished yet that I will need to use the main computer to figure out. I'm thinking of just launching the generic site for now, just to get some income going. I still don't have my logo, and I don't think I will have it in time for Cues & Tattoos. The other thing is that I need to get the tax stuff figured out and start book keeping. So far it's not that bad, because I haven't really had any income, it's mostly just been costs for set up and all that. But I need to get things on paper. I also am due a refund from my payment gateway because they charged me for equipment I didn't ask for.

I'm hoping to get a little relief on the money end of things soon, we need to get our taxes done and then I'm hoping we will get most of our deposit back. Our landlord has been acting a little weird ever since we told her we were moving out and she's been very cold and put out when talking to us, but we did a lot of work to restore the apartment to it's previous condition, and we even repaired a bunch of damage the people before us did, so I think she'll be pleased with the condition of the apartment and doesn't have a real reason to keep the deposit. it was $1600 all-together with the pet deposit, including $300 non-refundable, so that should more then enough to finish anything that may be needed.

The kids (kittens) seem to be adjusting well, Slinky is a new cat. He really likes the new place. They have their new fort (a 5-level cat tree) by the window, so they seem to be pretty content. I will be working on the website among job interviews, I have one on Friday and possibly one next week. I still haven't heard about the job that I will need to interview for in New Jersey. I really want to make that one work, of all the opportunities, I want that one, but I need to keep looking for my unemployment, but I need to keep my eyes open so I don't pass up a decent offer if it should come up.

I will continue to blog, and hope to be up and running website wise in a few days after more things get settled.

Stay tuned :)

~m