Friday, February 11, 2011

Product Research

So I officially love my new job. Soap making is wonderfully creative, and it's really fulfilling to see people genuinely enjoy my creations. I'm making great progress on my website, and have found several new combinations of oils and scents that are lovely! And while I'm on track and have discovered a great recipe for bubble bath, I'm concerned that it doesn't appear to be as good as my competitors. I took a bath with my leftovers from my last Lush run, and one of them was the solid bubble bars that they have, and it makes a great amount of bubbles in the bath, and they are able to be brought back, and I'm just worried that my recipe won't hold up to that. I only made one batch, and that was for a friend, so I'll need to hit her up to see how she felt it worked.

I really want to figure out how to make the Hollywood style Bubble baths, where there are mountains and mountains of frothy bubbles to luxuriate in. However, I have a sneaky suspicion that those are the whole "movie magic" tricks, and bubblebaths like that don't really exist. Which gives me a sad.

But I do love the fact research for my work includes me sitting in a bath and relaxing ;)\

~m